Personal Methodology Programme
A Personalised Methodology Programme, with its 1:1 classes , observations , group classes , project work and feedback, is an excellent way to improve your teaching techniques the International House way.
Erasmus+ funding is available (PIC number: 942566461). (Minimum age 18 years.)
Personal Methodology Programme for Teachers of English and CLIL
This tailor-made course is suitable for native and non-native speakers of English.
It is designed for:
- Current English language teachers (with any level of experience and from any teaching context) looking to reflect on, refresh and update their understanding of ELT methodology and practice.
- Those who are interested in becoming a teacher of English who would like an opportunity to be introduced to key teaching principles and observe experienced teachers.
- Those who currently teach a subject other than English but would like to know how to incorporate the teaching of English into their lessons.
- Those who are looking to combine a focus on teaching methodology with the chance to develop their own English language skills.
This highly personalised programme centres around several reflective sessions with International House teacher trainers focussing on the aspects of teaching methodology and practice that are most relevant to your teaching needs.
Based on these input sessions, you will observe, and later reflect on classes taught by International House teachers, as well as completing assignments tailored to your areas of interest in our Personal Study Programme.
The course comprises:
- 10 lessons each week participating in group English language classes
- 3 lessons of loop input* awareness raising based on your specific needs and interests
- 2 lessons a week observing International House teachers and feedback
- 5 lessons in the Personal Study Programme**
- 5 lessons per week project and assignment work
- Improved confidence in your own communicative English language skills.
- Increased awareness of teaching practices and methodology.
- Progress with your own personalised teaching goals.
- Increased cultural awareness.
Fees £350 per week plus registration fee of £50
Applicants should be at least 20 years old and have a minimum of B1 level English to benefit from this programme.
For more information and an application form, click on the link above.